Wednesday, September 1, 2010

In the End...

  • Everybody made it to school on time -- even though it took us running in 100 degree weather (in the morning and me pushing a double stroller in flip flops) to accomplish that
  • Grocery shopping for the week was checked off my list -- after a fight with the cashier over a coupon discrepancy and, oh yeah, I forgot to buy eggs
  • I went to my step aerobics class -- arriving 5 minutes late and leaving 10 minutes early. But a workout is a workout!
  • That dust pile that I had gathered 10 times today (and was consequently dispersed 10 times by my naughty toddler) finally made it to the trash can.
  • The dishwasher was unloaded -- right before I loaded it again with the dinner dishes -- better late than never!
  • The clean load in the dryer was finally taken out after the "enhanced touch up" button was pushed 3 times -- don't ask me if they've been folded yet
  • The kids were fed -- a nutritious meal of hot dogs and grapes
  • I didn't eat all of the ice cream while watching 2 Glee episodes back to back -- just a large portion of it. (I think that negates the workout)
  • I said "I Love You" to each of my kids while tucking them into bed and I genuinely meant it.

"In the end the only people who fail are those who do not try."

3 comments:

alli coleman said...

Oh Kelli, this is such a darling post! I miss you like crazy ... Melissa says I may get to see guys in October! YES

Molly said...

Oh, I love that we are calling Buster a toddler! He is so big...it just seems crazy how time flies!

Glad the kids are in school...I have been meaning to call you and see how this crazy single mom thing is going...come to Santa clara for a break..we would meet you everyday!!

Elizabeth Willis Barrett said...

I wish there was such a thing as blogging when I was at your stage of life!