Today is my little boy's birthday. We had a great day -- full of his favorites. It all started with breakfast at Denny's. For a boy who LOVES pancakes, it's a dream come true. Then a back-to-school party was already scheduled at the park so I didn't even have to plan anything for him to get a chance to play with the new friends he has made here. And then it culminated this evening with cake and ice cream with some neighbors. This birthday was all about CARS! Lightn'ing McQueen is where it is at for this guy. And for this special occasion, I did something I have never done before -- I decorated a cake!! I know, after 5 years of being a mother that shouldn't be confessed. But, remember I have no decorating skills whatsoever.
I think it turned out okay, right? My 5 yr old was impressed. Thank goodness his expectations are low.
And enjoy the little slideshow I put together. Our little Alex has put us through A LOT (compiling these photos brought many bad memories back) but there are many good things we like to remember. We love you, Alex!
 |
 |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
8 comments:
Oh, Happy Birthday Alex!!! I thought about the fact that it was his big day late last night, after we had already talked! Looks like you all had a fun day and my boys are so jealous of the cake! Great job...did you save some for us?
Kelli!
I was so excited to see your blog on Erica's blog. Your family is just darling. I am going to link you on mine if that's okay.
shelly
Where does the time go??? Happy Birthday to Alex. Jamison is obssessed with who is older and younger than him. He is very concerned when someone is older than him....if he only knew. Hope you guys are doing well!
I am also so excited to see you! Your family is just precious! You are in Berkeley??? We will have to come see you! Shel and I are just two hours away!
cute slide show! Happy 5th Alex!!
Happy Birthday Alex!
I love the slideshow. He does looks so happy at Denny's!
Your cake was so cute! I am impressed, Martha. A belated happy birthday to the big 5 year old.
Kelli,
I am so impressed that you put together that darling slide show of Alex!!! What a cute kid! Happy Birthday, Alex! (And I'm very happy for you to have him in kindergarten - yea!!)Stacy
Post a Comment