On Friday we went to the Oakland Temple that doubled as a reunion spot with the parents of my roommate from BYU. And as Erica's mom said, "We were more than just roommates." I was trying to figure out the female equivalent of "my brotha from anotha motha" but I just can't. But here's to you, Erica, my third sister! It was a blast from the past. A lot has changed with me in the last 10 years from seeing them last....it's crazy to reflect on that. But we had a great time visiting our new temple and hope to go one day without the kids. We hope to do a lot of things without our kids. Please pray for a good babysitter to emerge sometime.
Claire enjoying the flowers on the beautiful temple grounds. I think she picked more than she smelled. Woops!
NOW on to SATURDAY:
Our adventure continued as we ventured into the big city of SAN FRANCISCO! Too bad we didn't think to go on a weekday to beat the weekend rush into the island. It was crazy on a Saturday afternoon to get over the bridge. Although we live maybe 10 minutes away, it took us a full hour and half until we actually got over and found parking. Next time we'll be taking the BART. And let me tell you, our kids aren't the best travelers so it was pure torture to be trapped in a car with them for that long, crawling 5 miles per hour. We decided next time we go they are not invited so Cory and I can actually enjoy ourselves. But we had a good lunch, enjoyed seeing the sea lions, and had fun "roller-coastering" through those streets that San Fran is famous for.
The famous Pier 39.
Who doesn't want food from a VW Bus?
That face should be on commercials!
7 comments:
I didn't know you guys had a blog! I am so excited that I get to keep up with what is going on with your fam! I am pretty sure that you live very close to a good friend of mine - Marie. They live up there and her husband goes to Berkley. Brandon and Marie Miller are their names...if you run into her, give her a hug for me :-)
Kelli you are too cute! I can't help but crack up reading your adventures...got to love it!
~Niki
Your blog is super cute.... and I love how you put this place into words... something I have not been able to do yet!! I laughed so hard about the homeless dudes with police security... seriously. are we in the twilight zone??
It looks like you guys are having so much fun! I'm so glad that you have a blog...
"my brotha from anotha motha" for females...I love it! You crack me up!
We had a great time too! It was great to see you again. When you make it over here we'll have to look at the wedding pictures of you sleeping on the temple lawn. Coming for Thanksgiving?
love you..Carolyn
Kelli, Cory, Alex & Claire,
It is so fun to read about you and see your pictures. Bapa tried to comment but didn't go through the right process, but he really loved your blog, too! You keep writing and we'll keep reading!
Love,
Marmie
Post a Comment