Claire:
Allowed her to wake up whenever she wanted -- which was conveniently for me at 8:30
Cory:
Allowed him the same privilege which he stretched until 9:50 am.
Claire:
Woke up to a living room full of balloons with which to toss up and hit and throw around and be merry with.
Cory:
Woke up to those same balloons with which to step over, kick away, and mutter under his breath about.
Claire:
Her first present was a new play-dress that she immediately put on to see how it twirled -- a test she does with all her dresses. It passed so she deemed it worthy to wear.
Cory:
Didn't have to get dressed at all if he didn't want to -- a luxury of having a birthday on Saturday.
Claire:
Got a special outing with just her and a friend of her own choosing. After talking about it all week and anticipating a trip to Fairyland in Oakland, we were disappointed to find out it wasn't open due to their new blasted "winter schedule." We made do with a little kid's museum close to home and it was just as exciting because best friend Sydney was there.
Cory:
Got a special outing to wherever he wanted with whomever he wanted (thank goodness he chose me and thank goodness for friends to watch the kids because he chose to NOT have them be invited!) We went into the city yet again for a visit to China Town.
Claire:
Had her choice of Happy Meals from McDonald's (a rare treat for a non-fast-food enthusiast mother) and she chose Chicken McNuggets, of course, which came with a toy that won't stop singing "I want to Move it, Move it..." over and over again.
Cory:
Had his choice of meals in China Town and he ordered the Peking Duck which I now have officially decided that I don't like. Bring on the lemon chicken, the orange chicken or even the sweet and sour, but my philosophy is the less authentic the better. I did, however, do my best to eat with chop sticks and think I would lose a lot of weight if those were my only utensils. It takes me so long to eat and I only get down 2 bites before I have a cramp in my hand and have to take a break. Maybe I'll try a chopstick diet. Cory enjoyed the duck, however , and proclaimed it the best he's had outside of Beijing.
Claire:
As she ordered, she got an all pink cake with all pink frosting -- with sprinkles on top. (how girly!) and she help me make it so it will receive no rewards for appearance.
Cory:
Got a doughnut cake as conceived by Alex. 3 tiers of doughnuts with candles all over it. A dream come true. Did I say we're on sugar-overload over here?
Claire:
Her big present was a little Dora tricycle that I searched and searched for on Craig's list. She has been the only little girl in our "neighborhood" without some wheels and has been forced to push along her play grocery cart at lightning speeds to keep up with the little kids. Now she can ride in style. Thank goodness for Craig's list for our budget's sake.
Cory:
After I searched and searched on Craig's list for a big bike, went to the "shady part of town" for a used bike sale, and went in vain to Target for a road bike, I gave up the search. He has to settle with a subscription to Wall Street Journal. That's almost as cool as a bike, right?
Claire:
Got the movie "Sleeping Beauty" that is "just like Sydney's" and we watched it and twirled our dresses with Aurora.
Cory:
Requested a trip to Blockbuster where he could pick any movie he wanted without any comments or input from me. I guess he hasn't appreciated my choice of movies from NetFlix lately. What grown man wouldn't want to watch Dream Girls on his birthday? He chose an artsy/surreal film called "Across the Universe" and I am keeping my promise not to make any comments on it. In truth, I don't even know what to make of it. I was never into the psychedelic Beatles songs and a little weirded out by the whole experience.
Claire:
With all her day's activities she never got a nap which made for the after-effect of the sugar let down even more dramatic. I think I have a picture of her throwing a tantrum with a birthday crown on her head -- classic!
Cory:
After waking up at 10:00 in the morning you would think that a nap would be out of the question. But he opted out of my "take the kids bowling" plan in order to take a luxurious snooze. 2 1/2 hours later he emerged! And that's classic Cory.
8 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY everyone! We too love Craigslist!
Sounds like you did good job with the birthday festivities (Lance's are usually the same way, must be Dad thing). Cory and Lance need to get together for those funky meals. I like to stick with the boring bland things where I can not only pronounce what I am eating but identify it as well!
Are you coming home for Thanksgiving?
~Niki
Cory & Kelli-
Hey you Wiltbank Family! How are you guys doing? I was glad to finally find your blog. It will be fun to read and keep up with your lives. Hey cory those are some sexy shorts you wear to play rugby! Anyways, we have a blog too and the link is shanebeckyrandallfamily.blogspot.com Lets keep in touch!
Love
The Randall Bunch
What a birthday celebration week! It sounds like it was a fun week. Happy Birthday to half of the Wiltbank family!
Sounds like a lot of fun! We're in the same boat over here-- we usually spend my b-day date shopping for presents for Elly. Oh well; one of the downsides of being a real adult, I guess. :) Happy B-day Cory and Claire!
I know I always say this, but I love your posts, you do a great job!
Happy Birthday to Cory and Clair!
You know how to do birthdays at your house - donut towers and Dora bikes and balloons and movies - Wow! How fun!
You're so cute Kelli! I love reading your blog.
Kelli, Cory, Alex and Claire,
I'm so glad you belong to me!
Love,
Marmie
Oh kelli I feel like a horrible aunt. I do have an excuse..that I took down our reliable calendar to put a fall accent on the wall and it turns out I missed Cory's , Claire's and two on Taylor's side. I can't believe Claire is three! Your stories are so animated and I feel like I am there! Love you! and Happy LATE birthdays to cory and claire!
Post a Comment