Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catch Up!

From my journal writing days I remember that if I happen to miss writing for a considerable amount of time that it is no use to go back and try to catch up on the time lost. I get so hung up on trying to recover the past that I give up on the present and words don't come so fast or so fluently. So the two week lapse of blog entries is just that -- a lapse. Too bad because we really had a great time those past two weeks. I feel bad that the world will never know that
  • we had our first family guests over for a visit (thanks to my cousin's husband's training in San Jose.) We had a blast discovering our new surroundings like we were tourists. Thanks for the great times, Kwissi!!
  • Halloween was a success thanks to our cousins' visit (don't get me started on my feelings about this absurd holiday that I would rather not recognize but do so for my children's sake.) Having people around who actually like the day was a great change.
  • We had a soaking wet adventure the day after Halloween in the city (aka San Fran and now pronounced si-tay by our family) and Claire has a hacking cough to prove it.
  • We earned out second "warm fuzzy" prize -- an ice cream party -- and we don't mess around when it comes to ice cream. Check this out:

We're now working on our next prize of going to see Madagascar 2 in the theaters.

  • And Daylight Savings Time came as complete surprise to us. That will probably be the only time we will ever have the privilege of parking in one of the 10 parking spaces that comprise our church's parking lot. I guess you can take the girl out of the non-time-changing Arizona, but you can't take the non-time change out of the girl! This week has been dedicated to getting my children to stop waking up an hour earlier. I think we achieved that today when they came into our room at 8:45. Well done, kids -- you each get 4 warm fuzzies!!

Well, so much for trying to play catch up. See, it never works.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

From the picture it looks like Cory is more excited about the ice cream reward than Alex! That is the biggest mountain of ice cream I have ever seen. Keep up with the blogging, I love reading your stories! :)

once upon a poppy said...

hey guys! i found melody on facebook and looked at her blog. i saw that you guys had one too. i'm actually kind of jealous where you are. my husband served his mission in san fran/oakland and promises me we'll go sometime. yeah- it hasn't happened yet. good finding you! we hava a blog too. jdhallfamily.blogspot.com
devry

Elizabeth Willis Barrett said...

Hi Kelli, Cory, Alex and Claire,
You guys really know how to have fun! One day we will make it there! I really want to get my blog going. I think my 3 daughters will be a great resource.

Elizabeth Willis Barrett said...

Hey Kelli,
I just spent a large part of this morning reading through all your entries. You are a master! I can't wait to sing "Part of Your World" with Claire. And can't wait to watch Alex come down the huge slide. "Blondie's" sounds tons better than Thai food. What was the first dish you were eating that really wasn't yours?

Erica said...

That ice cream looks so YUMMY!!! Way to go with the warm fuzzies, Alex and Claire!

Eric and Janelle said...

Kelli!

I LOVE reading your blog and catching up on your hilarious life!! I'm updating my Christmas card list, can you send me your new address? Thanks!
Janelle.Monroe@gmail.com
ericandjanelle.blogspot.com

The Colman's said...

That ice cream was HUGE. Don't show my kids I'll start getting the pressure to up the gum ball reward. Which I might say I thought was pretty good until I saw your reward...that ice cream puts me to shame!

~niki