I had remembered the afflictions that accompany childbirth. I anticipated the pain and the agony, my uncontrollable shaking on the operating table, the vomiting, the tenderness of my incision and the inability to laugh, cough, or sit up without the ache in my abdomen. I was ready for the challenges that a newborn brings -- the tears and the screams, the sleepless nights, and the knowledge that I know nothing. But I wasn't ready for the joys. In all my preparations for this birth day I had somehow forgotten the gladness that comes with the griefs. Hearing my little boy's cry for the first time that brought tears to my own eyes, the sweet, sweet face that seemed to automatically accept and trust me so willingly, the smell of his skin that smells oh so baby-ish even before his first bath or his first douse of baby lotion. I have experienced a gamut of emotions in these last 3 days. But the most prevalent of which is pure joy and gratitude for the new little angel that has come to our family. Welcome to the world, Baby Boy!
June 10, 2009
8:10 am
7 lbs 13 oz
19.69 inches
19 comments:
He is BEAUTIFUL Kell! Congratulations. I'll be over with dinner as soon as your ready:)
COngrats Kelli and Cory!!!! He is beautiful!
Another Big Bad Brad. He has big shoes to fill! Love you Kelli! Congrats! Enjoy the joys, despite the haze of inexplicable exhaustion. Smell those sweet cheeks for me.
I am so excited for you and the safe arrival of your little baby boy! What a joy it is having something so perfect enter your home!
Congrats!! He is beautiful! I'm glad you like him. =) Hope you're getting some rest and enjoying it all.
Congratulations, I am so happy for you. He looks like a keeper!
Yay Kelli and Cory! He is absolutely beautiful! I loved reading your post...it made me a little teary when you were describing the sweet joys of a new little one. That was just so sweet. Congratulations guys!
What a cutie!
Congratulations! He is beautiful and I love the name. I can't wait to meet the littlest Wiltbank.
Darling little Bradley! We are thrilled for you all!
Congratulations Kelli & family! Glad the big day came & your sweet baby has arrived! - Fenna (This is the first time I've seen your blog, super cute!)
Oh, they do bring so much joy and love to your home! He is so precious. I talked to Grandma Stacy on the phone and she is so excited about his arrival. I am sure she just wants to kiss him and squeeze him tight! Congradulations! We love you!
Love,
Shane & Becky Randall
Shelby,Conner,Kara,Carson,Mallory,& Tessa!
Congratulations Alex and Claire..how exciting to have a great new brother! I can't wait to see all of you again soon. I know we still have your fan Kelli and I have wanted to get over there to see you. Now we have another great excuse. We love you all!
Carolyn
He is just darling. Congrats!
Congratulations! He is adorable, and I loved your description of the birth day - it really summed up that hard, wonderful experience. We hope you come visit San Diego sometime soon so we can meet your new little guy!
What a perfect, beautiful baby! Congratulations! We're so glad to know that he's here safe and sound.
Love ya!
A baby Brad, that's awesome! Congrats!
Congrats! He has a great birthday :). Hope your recovery goes well. That's awesome that you shipped the kids off to "summer camp!"
So happy to see that he is finally here! Congratulations - hopefully you are surviving and all is well!
Post a Comment