Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Challenge:


Ultimate Objective: Lose the 20 pounds of remaining baby weight

Highest priority: Fit back into non-elastic waisted pants

Target Date: 2 months ago
Amended target date: 2 months from now

Strategy 1: Enroll in Weight Watchers exactly 6 weeks postpartum
Strategy 1 Outcome: Lost 10 pounds in one month -- impressive, yes, but still have 20 to go


Strategy 2: Cancel Weight watchers and put money towards gym membership
Strategy 2 Outcome: Gained 3 pounds back while examining options of local free elliptical machine, joining the YMCA, or ordering the P90X videos

Strategy 3: Free one week trial membership at 24 hour fitness with the intention of going everyday of the week

Outcome A: I can't lift my arms past my head after the tricep-pushups in the Pilates class
Outcome B: Pulled a hamstring and remembered I have bad knees after the 20 minute run on the treadmill
Outcome C: I need a donut to sit on after the Spin class I took this morning where I actually threw up (in my mouth!) during the intense workout
Note: It is only day 3 of my 6 day challenge

Strategy 4: Give people something else to notice besides my rather rotund figure

Outcome: Go dark! I'm serious this time!

8 comments:

tollestrupfamily said...

You look so cute! I am laughing at the gym antics all of which I have done at one time or another. I tend to embarrass myself enormously when around huge groups of very sweaty people. Just a thought but have you heard of hcg? My Dad has almost lost 50 and he hasn't exercised at all! :) Unless you are still nursing then you will have to wait.....

Erika Allred said...

You are so great! I love the new hair color and you don't look like you need to lose 20 pounds. I think it's great that you're going to 24 hr fitness. It's all about consistency. Have fun with it, but honestly, you're already looking so great!

The Florist said...

Hair: Fabulous. Gym torture: Funny. Sort of. But only if you've actually experienced the torture of a spin class. I'm feeling inspired by your lofty fitness goals.

ashtonclan said...

I LOVE the hair! You really did go dark this time. Are you going to keep it? Wish you were here so we could suffer at the gym together.

Readings Digest said...

I love, love the hair! Kelli, you are hilarious! (And I think you look great!!) I agree with you about the spin class. I'm not a fan...Try the eliptical - better than the bike and easier on the body then the treadmill. (Then find some way to distract yourself from the clock. Either a tv on something other than a sports channel or audio book on the i-pod.) Good luck!!!

Melody said...

Kelli, your new hair color is adorable! I'm sure you do not actually need to lose 20 lbs., but still-- good strategy! I'll have to remember that one!

Molly said...

I stalked and now I am commenting! You are a hilarious blogger! Lets go visit teach...I am feeling guilty!

Elizabeth Willis Barrett said...

My beautiful Kelli!