Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas



Walkin' In a Wiltbank Wonderland
(to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Children scream, are you listenin'
In the wash, socks are missin'
A crazy array
Of faults on display
Walkin' in a Wiltbank Wonderland

Gone away is our big space
What we need is a new place
Only 5 months to go
The time's gone by slow
Walkin' in a Wiltbank Wonderland

Christmas time is full of all the usual
Threats that Santa won't be comin' down
'Cause Alex hitting is not that unusual
And Santa's noticed Claire's signature frown

Oh yeah, there's been some good stuff
Life hasn't been all that rough
Buster's brought us such joy
He's such a good boy
Walkin' in a Wiltbank Wonderland

When kids obey, ain't it thrillin'
Toys put away, when they're willin'
When they frolic & play, without a mean word to say
Then we're Walkin' in a Wiltbank Wonderland



Merry Christmas!!
Despite my tantrum and tirades, we have been very blessed this year. Especially because of all the many wonderful and supportive friends and family we have in our lives. We love you all!

9 comments:

Tristen said...

Brilliant. Best Christmas "card" I've seen all year. Truly brilliant.

Sandy said...

You are so creative with your writing! Who cares that you can't bake a cake when you can write a post like this! :)

Merry Christmas and I hope I get to see you in the spring before you move.

The Florist said...

That's my cuz. She can sing, she can dance...she can make a song better than the original. Wow. If I weren't really related, I'd lie and say I was. Mele Kalikimaka to you!

Vanessa said...

Love it! You're so creative:)

ashtonclan said...

So funny. Your rhyming is truly mezmerizing :). I love the picture. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Molly said...

Such the poet...you have such an array of talents! Hope you guys are having a great holiday in the warmth...its frickin freezing here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! Your mom had me get on her blog (my first time to read one!) and then I could click on the link to yours. Loved the Wiltbank Wonderland poem. Why don't you move to Houston when Cory finished school. Aunt Maxine

3 LADIES said...

tiene una bella familia...it was so great to chat with you for a bit...You and I have so much in common..from having 3 children,husband back at school and somehow are is well...May this year 2010 be filled with wonderful blessings and memories.
Love ya,
Morena aka...Hermana Ramos

Mindy said...

Hi Kelli! It's been a while but I had to see what your darling family has been up to! I love blogs! And I really love your blog. You are so creative and funny. I'm glad I got to see you today!