Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

You thought I had a transformation -- check out Claire!
Actually, I just need an excuse to write so that up-close shot of me from the last entry will be replaced by something much cuter!
I moved on from my hair, but hair still seems to be the hot topic around here. Check out the conversation I was priviledged to catch this morning:
I had just finished Claire's ponytail off this morning with a good amount of hairspray.
Enter Cory.
Cory: Hey, Claire, can I use some of that after you.
Claire: (giggles) No, Dad!
Cory: Why not?
Claire: Because you have funny hair.
Cory: (egging her on) My hair is funny?
Claire: (clarifying) You have really short hairs.
Enter Alex
Alex: (authoritatively) No, Claire, Dad doesn't have no hair.
Cory: (feigned surprise) WHAT?!?
Alex: Yeah. Dad has no hair. But I have hair.
Claire: (defensively) I have hair.
Alex: (to Claire) Yeah, I have hair, you have hair, and Mom has hair. Dad has no hair.
Claire: (talking to no one in particular, maybe her new "friend" Roo) Claire has hair, Alex has hair, and Mama has hair.
End scene.
Thank goodness none of us are too sensitive around here!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your hair. Love your kids. Love funny kid conversations!

Erica said...

So, I have been debating...is it funny to say that Cory could have countered by saying that he does too have hair...it is just on his arms??? :)