Monday, September 29, 2008

Bye, Bye Blonde!

As poor students we have been forced to forgo most of our previous luxuries in life. The latest to go is far more personal than all the rest. Say goodbye to the too-expensive, nice salon acquired, sun kissed highlights....And say hello to my#7 medium, mocha-brown new do!




What have I done?!?!






I am easily swayed by 3 words -- "untried," "unprecedented," and most importantly "cheaper." Those three words have never served me well when ordering from a menu, so I have no idea why I risked it on my hair! But from wanting to explode out of the salon chair to wash out the bright purple chemical to scaring myself every time I looked in a mirror, after 3 days it's starting to grow on me. I will always be a blonde at heart, so this change is totally temporary. But, do you think I can pull it off? Say hello to the more economically friendly, brown-haired me!

9 comments:

Wiltbank said...

Kelli!
I love it!
I feel your pain, that's how we are since we bought our house and what not...

KatieB said...

i went through the same thing. i also consider myself a blonde at heart, but you will love the low-maintenance side of it.

ps-you look great

Liz said...

Hi Kelli,
I just found you off Janelle's blog, a popular place. I don't think I have seen you since you were prego with Alex, way too long ago. I too have considered converting to a brunette, but have not been able to take the plunge. Now that I am old(sigh), I have to spend a wad of cash to maintain myself as a blonde. But, don't worry your hair looks great! We are at www.pratterborgs.blogspot.com. So good to see you!:)

Bert and Benton said...

Kel your hair looks great!! I know what your going through though. BUt really it looks good! And don't forget, a level 7 is still blonde!!! :o)

Britney said...

You look SO different! But in a good way!

Good luck with the budget thing...I've never quiet figured out how do do it...

The Colman's said...

I love it, I think it looks great!

Heather Collins said...

I love it!! I think it looks great! I had to do the same thing when we were in law school. I had this super long hair becuz I could not afford to get a trim or cut. So I decided I would try to pull it through a cap to look blonde again. Well, let me say it was awful. The hair kept getting knotted in the cap and by the time it was over, the hair was looking almost orange. But looking back it was a pretty funny experience that I will always remember. Your hair looks so good!

Becky and Brian said...

I like the color! Brian dyed my hair dark brown a couple of summers ago. It was wash out though so it only lasted about 2 months. It was hard for me to get used to and since my hair was lighter I felt that my roots were looking grey or white as it was growing out. I finally had to put blonde highlights in it because I couldn't handle it anymore.

Erica said...

VERY SOPHISTICATED! Really I think it looks great! Very natural and good with your complexion. I am really impressed with how you are embracing the low-budget lifestyle...you are doing a fabulous job. I bet Cory feels supported and really, you can always go back to being a blond...fun to change it up once in a while, eh?