Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Long Time Coming...

After 4 years apart, the roomie reunion was in full force this weekend up in Grant's Pass, OR. And can you believe it, we still have the same taste in clothes -- this coordination of dresses for church was NOT planned!!

It was a struggle to make the trip -- have I mentioned my two kids are not good travelers? And road construction for half of the 6 hours did not help at all. But I would have crawled there on my hands and knees to see you, Erica!! Okay, maybe that's a tad bit dramatic. I would gladly endure another 6 hours in our cramped little car that has no DVD player, help Claire pee on the side of the road again, and drink another disgusting strawberry-banana smoothie from Jack-in-the-Box to see you.
We had a blast reliving some of the most memorable times in our 4 years of rooming together, some of which are better forgotten. And our husbands were good sports to go along with the fun. Now, some things you should know about Erica and I -- we were engaged 2 weeks apart, married 2 weeks apart, and our first 2 kids are both 2 weeks apart from each other. (She really messed up when she went on to baby #3 -- didn't she know I wasn't ready?) Well, the close proximity of the ages of our children made for a great weekend-long play date for everyone.


Alex's greatest moment was discovering that fruit came from TREES and not just the local grocer. He kept running in to tell us he had found a pear, then a PLUM, and, oh my goodness -- an APPLE!! I think that's when we were officially named the "city folk."



We found a stage in an outside amphitheater (where Willie Nelson was to perform that night) and we used it for our own private Talent Show. This is Claire taking a bow after her riveting rendition of "Part of Your World" otherwise known as "Ariel's Song" in our family. Once we learn how to get movie-clips off our video camera, I'll include it.


This is Alex and Claire being "de-city-fied" by Owen.
Well, thanks for a wonderful time, the excuse to see gorgeous scenery, and the abundant amount of Tillamook ice cream that we consumed, Jed and Erica!! Let's not let another 4 years go by again!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time you go up, I want to go! It looks like you had a great time. I was laughing at the fruit . . . .

Erica said...

We miss you guys already! Thanks for all of the fun, laughing, dancing and excuse to eat good food! You are welcome back anytime! And Shelly, please do come too!

Amy said...

Missing you... and so excited to see you are "attempting" to blog. It looks to me like you are doing a DANG good job at blogging you are a PRO. It is fun to read up on how you all are doing and adjusting to life there. We hope all is well. We miss you! Love from SD!

Brad said...

Kelli, I found your blog while on Janelle's I found a link to Niki and then found a link to you! I saw a picture of you at Christmas at Liz's house.(we now live 5 miles from each other) It is so fun to see you and your family... probably because I know both of you! If you want to email me I could send you an invite to my blog and from there I have a link to Liz (if you don't have it already) lisaglarsen(at)yahoo(dot)com
Lisa (Layton)

Jenn said...

Hey this is Jenn with two n's, how fun. I am a blogger too and I have most of the ward girls on my blog list. Do you mind if I add you? Mine is scottandjennberkeley.blogspot.com

carolyn said...

What fun! I can't wait until Thanksgiving. We will really country-fy you then. Shelly, I let you know next time I go up alone, unless you have a van and we can all go, even better. How was your first earthquake?