What my "dh" (that's geek-speak for darling husband) has accomplished in his 5 week break from school:
- packed and unpacked our teeny car 4 times for our many adventures this vacation which required detailed planning and knowledge of physics to accomplish
- put together bunkbeds for the kids -- hello, play area in their room
- cooked dinner more than he ever has in the history of our marriage. And not just any dinner -- a follow the recipe, run to the Chinese market, borrow oyster sauce from Korean neighbor, improvise with different meats found in the freezer dinner. Best chow mein ever!
- Took the kids to the park almost every sunny afternoon
- Picked up Alex from school
- And the biggest thing -- took over as caregiver for our post-surgery Alex. Which included an administration of post-surgery-induced constipation requiring enema of said child at 1:00 in the morning last night.
- Slept with needy and snoring-more-than-ever-even-though-that's-why-he-got-his-tonsils-out-in-the-first-place Alex, so I could get some rest.
And he did this all while writing almost 15 resumes for his summer internship, reading crazy-boring economic books, and obsessively scanning/organizing all of our household paperwork. What a vacation!
Since his second semester resumes on Tuesday, it's going to be an adjustment becoming a single-parent again (we all know how Cory gets when school is in session.) I guess I'll have to say "goodbye" to my running afternoon errands by myself and the daily naps that my body has adjusted quite nicely to. Thanks a ton, Dude!!
*** on a personal note for those who are wondering: I am almost 19 weeks pregnant and no, I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet, but I'll go on record to report that I think it's a boy. Also, one day I might get around to posting pictures of our fabulous Christmas and trip to Disneyland, but don't hold your breath.
5 comments:
Wow, what a guy...or I mean dude!
The 5 week breaks are great huh? But I'm ready for life to start again tomorrow :)
Cory, you are the MAN! I am glad that you had a break while Cory was off and I'm so impressed that he was so productive! So, when is your ultrasound anyway?
Wow. I am jealous. Keep that dude around and pass some of that chow mien my way! I need to call you...we need to catch up!
Hi Kelli! It is Staci (Walker) from good old Gilbert. I saw your picture on Liz's blog and then saw she had a link to your family! It is fun to find old friends.
I was in San Francisco last month...cool place! Hope your family is well.
I must say, that is one impressive dude!! I'm glad you sung his praises so we all know. :) It's good motivations for our own dudes when we can say what other dudes are doing.
Post a Comment